Now available from the Shapeways Shop, the rather striking Maenofferen Quarry tank wagon and LNWR Coal Wagon.
The Coal wagon is supplied without wooden sides, which can be made from 1.6mm Ply sheet (6x 9mm wide planks). It uses all the same running gear as LNWR Slate wagons, so that’s Axlebpxes AB05 and Couplings CPL02.
The tank wagon comes as a kit in a few different options:
- FRB10K – kit includes underframe, tank split in half and tank filler. Needs couplings (CPL09) and Axlebox/Bearer kit (AC01a)
- FRC10K – As above but with coupling included as part of the underframe. These are fully functional, but as always I advise on separate Bronze ones if you can stretch to it.
- FRC10X – Underframe only with Couplings as above
- FR10BXK – Tank Only with Filler
- AC01a – Tank bearer strips and Axleboxes
- CPL09 – Couplings with tank restraining ears
The images below are all Renders made from the model components, just to get you in the mood…